Dr. J. K. Bajaj
Dr. J. K. Bajaj
Centre for Policy Studies
6, Balaiah Avenue, Luz , Mylapore, CHENNAI – 600 004; and,
83, DDA Site 1, Shankar Road, New Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi – 110 060
Telephone: Chennai: 044- 24982003, 24981585, 24980113 , 28472611(R)
Delhi: 011- 28744344, 65394444, 45086201 , 22714144 (R), 22712527(R)
Born March 21, 1952 in Punjab, INDIA
Education and Employment
Ph.D. in Theoretical Physics from the Punjab University, Chandigarh 1978;
M.Sc. (Honours) Physics, Punjab University, Chandigarh 1973.
1973–78: CSIR Research Fellow at the Physics Department, Punjab University, Chandigarh and at Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur.
1978–81: UGC Research Associate, Department of Theoretical Physics, University of Chennai, Chennai.
1981–83: Research Fellow in Philosophy of Science at the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay.
1983–86: Fellow of the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) at Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, and Centre for the Study of Developing Societies, Delhi.
1986–87: Assistant Editor, JANSATTA, New Delhi
1987–89: Resident Editor, JANSATTA, Chandigarh
1989–90: Fellow, PPST Foundation, Chennai
Since 1990: Director, Centre for Policy Studies.
Member, Advisory Board, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (2002–2005)
Member, Indian Council of Social Science Research (1999–2005)
Member, Governing Body, National Council of Rural Institutes (1999–2008)
Member, Indian Institute of Advanced Studies (1998–2001)
Member, Governing Board, Centre for Studies in Social Sciences, Calcutta (2003-2006)
Member, Research Council, National Institute of Science, Technology and Development Studies, CSIR (2004-2007)
Member, Expert Group on Environmental Standards, Ministry of Environment, GOI (2009-2012)
Areas of Specialisation
Theoretical Physics (Phenomenology of weak interactions); Scientific and Technological tradition of India; Indian Society, Economy and Polity.
1. Hind Swaraj (2012), authentic editions of the text based on the original handwritten Gujarati of Mahatma Gandhi, along with a verbatim Hindi translation, and the original English edition published from Phoenix along with detailed notes.
2. Scheduled Tribes of India: Religious Demography and Representation, ed. Dr. J. K. Bajaj, 2011.
3. Religious Demography of India, A. P. Joshi, M. D. Srinivas and J. K. Bajaj, Centre for Policy Studies, Chennai, 2003.
4. Timeless India Resurgent India: A Celebration of the Land and People of India, Jitendra Bajaj and M. D. Srinivas, Centre for Policy Studies, Chennai 2001; also published in Hindi, Centre for Policy Studies, Chennai 2001.
5. Restoring Abundance: Regeneration of Indian Agriculture to Ensure Food for All in Plenty, J. K. Bajaj and M. D. Srinivas, IIAS, Shimla, 2001.
6. Food for All, ed. J. K. Bajaj, Centre for Policy Studies, Chennai 2001
7. Annam Bahu Kurvita: Recollecting the Indian Discipline of Growing and Sharing Food in Plenty, Jitendra Bajaj and M. D. Srinivas, Centre for Policy Studies, Chennai 1996; also published in Hindi 1996, and Tamil 1998.
8. Ayodhya and the Future India, ed. Jitendra Bajaj, Centre for Policy Studies, Chennai 1993.
9. Bharatiya Chitta Manas and Kala by Sri Dharampal, tr. and ed. Jitendra Bajaj, Centre for Policy Studies, Chennai 1993.
10. Indian Economy and Polity, ed. J. K. Bajaj, Centre for Policy Studies (1995).
Books Published: Madhya Pradesh Resource Atlases
The following Resource Atlases have been published jointly by Centre for Policy Studies and Madhya Pradesh Council of Science and Technology with Dr. J. K. Bajaj as the Editor in Chief.
1. Resource Atlas of MADHYA PRADESH (English, 2007)
2. Resource Atlas of JHABUA (English, 2008)
3. Resource Atlas of SIDHI AND SINGRAULI (English, 2010)
4. Resource Atlas of TIKAMGARH (English, 2012)
5. Resource Atlas of JHABUA AND ALIRAJPUR (Hindi, 2012)
6. Resource Atlas of DATIA (English, 2013)
7. Resource Atlas of DATIA (Hindi, under print)
8. Agricultural Atlas of Madhya Pradesh (Bilingual, under print)
DETAILS OF RESEARCH WORK
Work in Theoretical Physics (1973-1981)